July 27, 2011

UK Edition: It Must Come to an End

The time has come. Today is my last day of work. My temporary change of residence is coming to an end. I fly out tomorrow. I'm sad. And happy. All at the same time.

It just doesn't seem like it should be time to leave yet. I'm not sure what it is exactly, I know there are probably many reasons.

Its almost time to say good bye to my newest home...


...and my front door step.


Its just like moving out of your home. This place has become my home. Not just the physical apartment home that I live in but my friends here are part of "home." That's the part I'm going to miss, the home I (and my coworker from the US) have made here. And yes, I cry about it. Multiple times already and probably many more.

Things won't be the same if I don't have to use my key fob to get through the front gate (or sneak through between the gate and the hedges near the grit box) and into my apartment.

Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy being home! I'm just not ready to leave here. :) No worries, I'm going home anyway.

See you soon! Probably on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment