February 20, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies

Yesterday I found an unopened sleeve of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies in my freezer...from last year I think. Ahh the deliciousness that comes in a green box! Of course I opened them and have eaten half the pack already (ok, between yesterday and today, so not that bad). I have a HUGE craving for the Caramel Delights (de-Lights?) from the purple box and have had this craving for a really long time! Who doesn't love Caramel de-Lights (also known as Samoas)?! They are so ooey gooey delicious and chocolately and coconut with a little crunch. Yum. I know no Girl Scouts and I don't have any spare sleeves of caramel delights in my freezer...

Alas, I found a solution to my problem! I will make some!

Source
A simple search and I found many recipes online. Easy peasy. Now, when to make them. I'll get to that soon enough (I hope). They take a lot of time and I don't have a rolling pin, nor the desire to slave away in the kitchen all day today. Just not today my friends, not today. It will be alright. I'll give an update when I do make them. Maybe I can enlist the help of my mom. :) Until then, I'll just drool over the above picture and stick with my thin mints.

[An hour of time passes]: I can make any cookie I want to! Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties! Caramel de-Lights, Peanut Butter Patties and Thin Mints are my favorites, in that order. Yum oh yum, oh my what will I do without them? I need to go to the grocery store and get these things started ASAP.

Come on now, drool with me: 
 
Source
 Source

No comments:

Post a Comment