February 14, 2011

I Believe in a Thing Called Love and Project Complete - Numero Uno

Meal #2 of Valentine's Day weekend was prepared tonight. Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya. Nearly as tasty as I hoped it would be. Mr. Luke even liked it. He's not a picky eater but is sometimes hesitant when it comes to trying new, home-cooked meals.

The peppers and onions smelled wonderful!


The recipe (from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything) didn't include chicken but Luke wanted to have more meat than just shrimp so we some.


The finished product. It looked better in person and definitely tasted better!


Caboose has been having a great Valentine's weekend, including trying to drink out of the water faucet. It didn't work out so well in the end so he gave up and just laid low.


Luke and I made cards for each other...but we didn't exchange yet. That's for the actual day, you silly. We (and by we I think I pretty much mean I because Luke probably doesn't care much either way) like to make cards for each other instead of buying them because it shows a little more love and effort when into picking it out/getting ready for whatever you are going to celebrate. And its cute to see what someone comes up with (except that my cards are not cute - they look like they were made by a 2nd grader).

My parents, Luke and I put together a little box of goodies for my sisters for the big day. Pictures, a semi-homemade picture frame, chocolate, candy hearts, nail polish and homemade cards made two girls pretty happy (so I heard). It was a lot of fun to put it together in hopes they would feel special. Something nice goes a long way. Just remember that. (I just might consider those semi-homemade picture frames for my one masterpiece this month thing...how is that cheating? Its not. Exactly.)

Valentine's day doesn't have to be mushy lovey dovey. It can simply be a day you let those you love and care about know you love and care about them. Remember? A little something nice goes a long way.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend. And the Grammys!

No comments:

Post a Comment